Friday, October 29, 2010

Rest in peace, Bello

Yesterday our white cat died as a result of being hit by a car. It was a shock, of course, and his absence is being keenly felt. When someone dies it is their absence that takes over our thinking....... no Bello waiting at the door when I come home, no Bello telling me it's 5 p.m. and time for dinner, no Bello claiming my chair at the computer...... 

Bello 'belonged' to our whole family - he lived with me from a kitten, then became too aggressive towards my dear old Dad (very territorial about 'his' chair) then became a 'clinic cat' and lived at my son-in-law's practice where he and his nurse cared for him on a daily basis, then he went to live with my daughter and eventually back with me. He was a cheeky boy, an adventurer (which was dangerous as he was deaf) and when approached gently was very loving......


1 comment: